Preparing for Your Baby's Arrival
The BirthPlace is pleased you and your physician have chosen Frederick Memorial Hospital for the birth of your baby, and we will do everything we can to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible. To speed your admission process, and to help us plan for your upcoming arrival, please complete and return our Registration Questionnaire (PDF - you can also get a copy through your obstetrician's office).
Please return the questionnaire to:
Frederick Memorial Hospital
400 West 7th Street
Frederick, Maryland 21701
During the third trimester of your pregnancy your obstetrician will provide the BirthPlace with a copy of your medical record. This record provides the essential details of your pregnancy, which will help us prepare a care plan specifically for you.
Please be sure to follow instructions from your obstetrician, and call the obstetrician's service to alert them of your condition prior to arriving at the BirthPlace. Early notification allows your obstetrician to meet you at the BirthPlace.
What to Bring With You to the Hospital
Bring some of your personal items that will help to make you comfortable in an unfamiliar setting. Your robe and slippers, personal toiletries, a favorite book, etc.
- Robe, slippers and personal toiletries such as toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, hand lotion, etc
- Loose, comfortable clothing for the day of your discharge.
- Insurance and Prescription cards
- An infant outfit for discharge
- Blankets for your newborn
It is important to bring your insurance cards with you.
What You Should Leave at Home
We strongly recommend that you bring only a minimum amount of cash with you to the hospital, and that you leave all other valuable items at home. If it is necessary to bring valuables with you, the Cashier's Office can store smaller items in the hospital safe. When you arrive for admission, notify your admissions nurse and arrangements will be made to place your items in the safe.
FMH is not responsible for money or valuables that are kept in your room.
Please do not bring any of the following with you to the hospital:
The Day of Admission
- If your pre-registration paperwork has been sent to the Admissions Department prior to your arrival to the hospital, all you will need to do on the day of your admission is:
- go to the Admissions Department located just off of the Main Lobby,
- sign a form and a copy of the hospital's Privacy Notice
You will be taken immediately to the BirthPlace, and the remainder of your admissions work will done from the file copy of your pre-admission form.
2. If you have not sent in your pre-admission paperwork, or if your information has changed:
- go to the Admissions Department located just off of the Main Lobby
- you will need to answer some questions and sign some paperwork
You will be taken to the BirthPlace and the remainder of you admissions work will be done at your bedside using the mobile data entry system.
If you arrive at the hospital after normal business hours, please enter through the Emergency Department.