Before you receive the RhoGAM injection, you will need to have a blood test. The testing process will take approximately three hours. RhoGAM is considered a blood product and must be matched with your specific blood type.
- Step 1: Bring your doctor's order to:
Frederick Memorial Hospital
400 West Seventh Street
Frederick, MD 21701
between the hours of 7 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Monday through Friday.
Please use the Main Entrance and register with our Patient Access Department.
If you prefer, you may visit one of our off-site locations for your blood test only. If you choose this option, you will have to wait until the following day to receive your injection.
- Step 2: If you have your blood drawn at the hospital, you have two options:
- A. Leave and return the next day. Please use the Main Entrance and re-register with Patient Access.
- B. Leave and return in three hours for your RhoGAM injection. Please use the BirthPlace Entrance between 9 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. At all other times, please use the Main Entrance. Check in with the staff at the Information Desk.
- Step 3: You will be directed to the Antenatal Testing and Triage area, where your vital signs will be checked. A nurse will go to the laboratory and pick up your RhoGAM injection, the one specifically prepared based on your blood test. The nurse will then administer the RhoGAM injection.
- Step 4: You will be asked to wait 20 to 30 minutes after the injection so your vital signs can be checked a second time for your safety.
Please Note: Your dose of RhoGAM is prepared specifically for you, based on your blood type. Your RhoGAM injection expires in 72 hours. If you are unable to come to the hospital and receive your injection within that timeframe, you will be required to have another blood test and a new dose will be prepared.
If you prefer, you may visit one of our off-site locations for your blood test only. If you choose this option, you will need to wait until the following day to receive your RhoGAM injection.
FMH Rose Hill
1562 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, Maryland 21701
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - Noon
7211 Bank Court
Frederick, Maryland 21703
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Mount Airy Health Services
1502 South Main Street
Mt. Airy, Maryland 21771
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - Noon