Fitness and Nutrition for Survivors
Nutrition and fitness are integral parts of any cancer treatment plan. Evidence shows that eating right, maintaining a healthy weight and sticking to a regular exercise plan helps to manage the side effects associated with cancer treatment and decreases the risk of cancer recurrence.
Participants in the FMH Fitness and Nutrition for Survivors (FANS) program receive personal assessments and customized exercise and nutrition plans from a team of qualified experts, all with experience and training tailored to working with cancer survivors. This unique program features:
- A one-on-one appointment with a certified lymphedema specialist
- Two sessions with a board certified and licensed dietitian
- 10 weeks of small group exercise and support from our certified cancer exercise trainer, located at FMH’s state-of-the-art gym, ProMotion Fitness+
Please contact us about fees and program scheduling by phone at 240-215-1425 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join FANS and let our experts help you:
- Establish a safe, medically-supervised exercise plan
- Rebuild your strength and energy levels
- Strengthen bones and decrease joint pain
- Prevent lymphedema
- Improve your body image
- Network with other survivors
We’ll give you the tools you need to renew a healthy lifestyle, and it’s all under one roof at FMH Crestwood.
Participants in our pilot program achieved the following results in a 10-week session:
- Lower resting blood pressure
- Average weight loss of 5 pounds
- 46.5% increase in lower body strength
- Improved upper and lower body flexibility (average of 3 inches)
- Decreased overall pain levels
- Decreased feelings of depression (average of 21% improvement)
- Better overall quality of life (average of 14.5% improvement)
If you're interested in learning more about how fitness and nutrition can reduce your risk of cancer recurrence and improve your overall health, please call 240-215-1425 or email email@example.com.