FMH Anticoagulation Clinic
The FMH Anticoagulation Clinic is located on the first floor of Frederick Memorial Hospital, just inside the Discharged Patient Pick Up doors. The clinic accepts patients Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The clinic is closed weekends and holidays. Reserved parking for clinic patients is available, and free valet parking makes stopping by the hospital to have your INR tested a simple, convenient, by-appointment stop that will fit neatly into your day.
New patients will need to spend about 30 minutes one-on-one with FMH pharmacists to review individualized dose instructions. Returning patient appointments will be scheduled to last about 15 minutes.
An FMH pharmacist will review the results of your lab tests with you and your physician will have access to them the very same day.
What do we do at this clinic?
A Registered Pharmacist operates the outpatient clinic. Our services include:
- patient assessments
- review of current medications, over-the-counter medications, herbals and supplements to check for possible drug interactions
- ongoing patient education
- monitoring of INR
- dosage adjustment as necessary
- communication with family physician and/or specialist
What should you bring to your clinic visit?
- Your health insurance card and photo identification
- A list of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbals and supplements
Who should come to the Anticoagulation Clinic?
Patients should be referred to the Anticoagulation Clinic if they have been prescribed warfarin (Coumadin®). All patients need to be referred by a family physician or specialist.
Ask your physician to fill out a referral form and fax it to the Anticoagulation Clinic at 240-566-3197.
For more information to to make an appointment, please call 240-566-3940.