Dear Volunteer Applicant,
When bringing a new volunteer into Frederick Memorial Hospital (FMH), we strive to make the best possible match for both the volunteer and our organization and to find a placement that the volunteer feels comfortable with and finds satisfying. In order to accomplish this task, there needs to be a strong mutual commitment. Due to the amount of time required for training and the medical requirements, we ask for at least a 6-month commitment from our new volunteers. By working together, we can make a difference in the lives of our patients and the Frederick community.
The following is a brief overview of the timeline associated with becoming a volunteer with FMH:
• Call our office to request an Application Packet
• Interview with the Director of Volunteer Services or Volunteer Coordinator
• Auxiliary dues ($10) are paid (college students exempt)
• General Orientation/tour—about 2 hours
• Customer Service Training Class—about 1 hour
• TB screening—provided by the hospital
• Two to three training sessions in chosen Service Area
• When training is completed, an Auxiliary uniform and ID badge are issued
• Please note that we do have a dress code with which all volunteers must comply
If your request is for the Junior Volunteer (high school) program, please call our office for additional information and requirements, and for placement on the Junior Volunteer waiting list. During annual flu season (November through March) all volunteers are required to receive a flu vaccine unless there is a medical or religious exemption. Flu vaccines are given free of charge to active volunteers each Fall.
We will contact you to schedule an interview upon receipt of your completed application packet (*application form, 2 completed reference forms, and background check form).
Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
The Staff of FMH Volunteer Services